Recent Posts

Friday, May 30, 2014

Cupcakes and Rice Krispies

how about some chocolate peanut butter goodness to drown out those feels?

what feels? i don't really know. well, actually i do, just to keep it to a minimum, i brought these out to my grandma because she was feeling sad. then we spent the afternoon together, so i think that helped some.

nothing out of the ordinary here, but my favorite go-to chocolate cupcake recipe, some peanut butter mousse filling, and some fluffy delicious peanut butter frosting. who doesn't like chocolate and peanut butter? trick question. if you answered you DON'T, then get out. we can't be friends anymore. at least until i make something different.

ohh, all of this free time is killing me. i need to work more. can't afford dem bills if i don't work. of course, i have a couple cakes coming up that might help a little, and am kind of excited to get started there. that, and my new found coconut oil friend to make me happy. i have so many more things that i want to make, and with summer coming soon, all of my favorite summer fruits are coming out. provided somewhere is open, i plan on strawberry picking next week, and that means...MUFFINS!! ♥♥♥

i super love strawberry muffins. i will probably make a ton of them and freeze them for breakfast all summer long. i was thinking of some angel food cake, too, with some strawberry glaze or some such for the top. maybe some strawberry jam? that might be fun, too.

maybe i can even throw some into some rice krispies...

hmmm. thinking about it!! i made these a few days before the cupcakes. no strawberry here, but i tossed in a cup of rolled oats, then blended up some chocolate cookie crumbs and threw a few flax seeds on top....oh, and used a little coconut oil!! there are good things in these!! i still have more rice krispies, so once these are gone, maybe i will make a different variation. i haven't decided on what yet.

i DO know that i have been thinking about key lime a lot lately. key lime pie. key lime cookies. key lime FUDGE. i want to try fudge. i have been thinking about various fudges for a while, too. i need to get it out of my system. i thought it was going to be the samoa fudge, but lately i am thinking way too much about the summery flavor of my favorite dessert. nothing beats a cool, refreshing key lime pie (etc) on a hot summer day. i can almost feel the beach breeze, and smell the sand and ocean thinking about it. yep. a big, fat slice of key lime pie and maybe a strawberry daquiri to go along with it.

oh, i wish i could be spoiled a little, even for a little while. maybe i will paint a picture to hang up at work so i can cry myself to sleep on my lunch breaks, and dream of being on a beach far, far away. then come back to work and hate everyone that comes in and whines that they could only go to the bahamas for two weeks this time, instead of three. must. be. nice. #someday


these guys are crazy. well, mostly nubs (see him toward the top? he was flapping around trying to show off. you can see his shadow above kairi's head). i am not sure what he was doing, probably just trying to gain my attention since kairi was sitting with me on my chair (the purple fuzz). sora was hanging out on the bottom pacing back and forth because he was so close. when i get to close to them for too long, kairi tries to attach himself to me. he was on my head at one point before i shooed him off so he wouldn't poop on me.


look at him up there. he is plotting something way up high, i know it. thinks he owns everything.

actually....he kind of does. in part with the rest of my kids. they own me and everything around me, and will always get whatever they want. just about. they can't live under my skin. i will keep them safe. all the while, i'll be daydreaming that maybe i can have a fun day and not worry about money sometime soon. #dontthinkitsgonnahappen #ohwell #strawberrypickingmakesitbetter

hopefully the places i found on the internet actually exist near by, and i can pick some strawberries next week, and then proceed to drown myself in the glory of muffins. thanks for reading! ☻

No comments:

Post a Comment