Recent Posts

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Omg This Week....!!

So, lets see how this works.




I am trying a different app on my tablet. I am not sure how it is going to work. With any luck, there should be a picture of cheesecake there. As deliciously awesome as that is, we are going to come back to that so i can tell you first about my last few days. And how i cant type on my tablet, and that it is getting frustrating. Really bad.




This is where we are gonna start. With any luck, there should now be a picture of my poor baby smashed to bits above. Thats not even how tuesday started.

Tuesday started where i had to trade shifts for work so i could close. I had a funeral to attend, as one of my family members passed away on thursday. Neat, right? (Sarcasm.) this little portion of my family has kind of been a clusterfuck for the last couple years, so it was almost a little awkward. At the same time though, everything seems to be okay, so i guess thats good.

At the funeral, just about the end, is where this happened.




My poor girl got smashed up because the limo driver backed into her. Yep. Supposedly it was the ice's fault (the icy ground?) but noone should have been moving any vehicles around. My car was also not the only one hit, but she took the most damage. Apparently this was not the first (or second) offense, either, as he hit someone on another occasion. Seeing as my headlight got its ass kicked, i couldnt really drive my poor girl at night. No thank you, tickets.

So fast forward a few phonecalls and hours later. I have the rental car and ron and i are on our way to work to be super late. I get out of my car, grab my phone, go inside....apparently dropped phone between car and home....leave for work....phones missing. I have officially deemed it stolen.








Funeral, smashed car, stolen phone....ALL in one day. How awesome is that? So i am using my tablet, hoping all of these pictures are going to post in a new app because A) the blogger app is not processing pictures, and B) my phone has my google authenticator app to grant me access to my google accounts. I added two step verification because my email was hacked last year, but since i hsave no phone, i cant reveive text messages.

Luckily, i can access my email anyway because that is linked to my laptop, since its windows 8. I still cant access it through a browser though, so i only have half of my email access.

Overwhelming saddness is over, extreme rage and sarcasm mode enabled.

Snapchat is my primary means of communication. Or work phones. Or rons phone.

At least we got one bit of good news. Ron is now officially assistant manager at rite aid. The raise will help out some, i hope. Especially now that the jackass that stole my phone is costing me $200 for a replacement, and all of this trouble. I am pretty sure he is the only one keeping me sane right now.





Lets look at some more cheesecake. Maybe, anyway.

I made two of them, one of those "mini is better" things. I made one with a chocolate graham crust and homemade strawberry jam, and another with graham crust, nutella, and a couple mini marshmallows. Nutella smores. Yep.

I used my basic cheesecake recipe i adapted from a recipe on allrecipes, a white chocolate raspberry cheesecake. Here is the recipe, in one third, enough for two 4" cheesecakes.




White chocolate cheesecakes

1-8oz brick cream cheese, softened
1/4 c + 2 tbsp sugar
1 egg
2/3 c white chocolate chips
2 tbsp half n half, milk, or heavy cream
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2-3/4 c graham crumbs or chocolate cookie crumbs
3 tbsp melted butter
1 tbsp sugar
Other fillings of your choice (jam, nutella, chocolate chips, etc)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Beat cream cheese and sugar together. Add egg and beat well.

In a separate bowl, melt white chocolate and milk together, either over a double boiler, or in the microwave. Heat slowly so chocolate does not get overcooked, as it will solidify. Let cool slightly.

Combine graham or cookie crumbs with melted butter. Press firmly into bottom of mini springform pan. (Ramekins could work well, but i am not sute how it woukd be removed. Unless you just eat it out of the ramekin.)

Combine white chocolate and cream cheese mix. Pour into springform or ramekins. If adding fillings, fill half way, sprinkle or swirl some filling in center, then top with more cheesecake filling. Top with more swirls or fillings. Be sure springform is only filled about 3/4.

Bake about 25 minutes or until edges are barely golden and center is still jiggly. Let cool 30-60 minutes before refridgerating several hours.




Yay! Now hopefully these images show up. Hopefully i either get my phone back, or someone gets struck by lightning. Hopefully, things will be normal soon. Another cool thing, the place repairing my car sends me pictures of the process of repairs. I miss her.

Well, we'll see how things are sunday if i want to struggle with the tablet anymore. I am getting really mad, this took me too long to type. Google better give me access to my accounts. Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment