Recent Posts

Monday, January 5, 2015

Panini Maker Cake and More


Yes, this definitely happened. The internet is a mystical magical place. I found this while scrolling through one of my recent website finds, which surprisingly enough is not pinterest. Panini Happy is all about.....well, paninis. And panini makers? Or something like that. There are lots of recipes for paninis, but on the side bar, there was a link to bake a cake in a panini maker.


Of course i had to try it. Not to mention it is mini, so anything mini wins by default in my book. Second "not to mention:" i have ramekins now, which were required for this experiment. Double win. 

But oh mygoodness. I am not sure if it was the wine talking or what....but this tiny cake is so friggin adorable. I almost felt bad eating any of it.



AAAAHHHH!! Look at it! It definitely needed sprinkles. The sprinkles made it extra cute. 

And then i think this one was the wine....."the sprinkles look so big." Yep. All i could imagine was this tiny cake being blown up to normal size, and the sprinkles being like cookie sized or something silly. 


Drunk pictures. Or maybe mildly inebriated? Im not sure. All i know is we are at the laundromat doing laundry now at 11:30pm because noone wanted to do anything. Lazy sunday, other than me working, because what sunday is complete if i dont work? Im pretty sure i am banned from sundays off according to my boss. Unless i get fired. Who knows! Oh work, you make me so....so......hmm. Lets go with "frustrated" today. 

On another less frustrating note, i also made mini "cinnamon rolls" this morning. I kind of improvised, but they turned out pretty tasty.

All you need is a can of croissants, a couple tablespoons of melted butter, a teaspoon of cinnamon, 2 tbsp sugar, and a muffin tin.


I was lazy with the muffin tin, and also wanted to use my neat new silicone muffin cups. Theyre also rainbow. Did i mention that? (Another gift from the best guy ever.)

The icing was just powdered sugar and a tiny bit of milk. I made mine pretty thick, then threw them back in the warm oven so it would kind of melt over the top of the rolls. 


I am not too much for shotrcuts, i like to do things myself. This was a last minute decision this morning before work, and i had forgotten i bought the croissants like two weeks ago. Theyre breakfasty, right? If they werent before, they are now!

Lensigh. At least i got something delicious out of the weekend. Not like on friday when i got rear ended. My poor girl takes so much crap. Luckily noone was hurt, but i got a couple nice screw sized circles on my bumper because the dumbass wasnt paying attention. If you are decked out in fire department gear, you should probably not drive like a dumbass and be safe. Not,"oh, i wasnt paying attention," being on your phone probably. I am acually surprised at how sane i was considering she hurt my girl. There is nothing i could do about it though, since i knew my deductible would not cover a tiny dot of damage. Tell me its dirt? Youre lucky you are walking away without a scratch. I should have asked her for money for the buffing compound. The things you think of after the fact. 

And of course because it cant get any better than that, i am wondering if my job is being threatened again. What now? I exchanged defective product. Completely reasonable, right? Theres a thing you should know about my job, that when we take trades on phones, newer models need to have any emails and info erased or else it is worthless. Now, if the device is not functional and is a defective exchange, where you cant access or do anything to erase the data, do you tell them they are out of luck?

It is just doing the right thing. Why deny someone assistance? Another manager i spoke to, and another co worker seem to think it should not be an issue since it was defective at store level. Its not my fault if they got it to work over a month later at the home office. Who knows. I guess i wait to see if i get to keep my job for helping someone. 

Sigh. I guess ill see what happens anyway. As usual.

Cinnamon rolls! Tiny cake!! Happy things! Yay! 

Hopefully i will have some more fun things to share on wednesday. Have a good week! Thanks for reading!

(Oh, and wish me luck with the job. Anything will help!)

No comments:

Post a Comment