Recent Posts

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes....Finally!

Oh goodness yes.

I  am so happy i finally got to make something. I was mad because they sank, (and i barely mixed the stupid batter), but theyre still delicious. Might just try altering that hersheys recipe i use for everything next time. It really makes the best cupcakes. 


Can i just say again how much i love peppermint mocha/chocolate peppermint? It is great. I found the recipe on sallys baking addiction, via pinterest, of course. Theyre pretty soft and fluffy. The coffee flavor is a little heavy for me, but the peppermint is nice. 

I actually made my own peppermint extract for them. 


I used my cake vodka, some peppermint pieces, and put it in this tiny bottle i had used previously for something. It worked out pretty well. Not as strong as real extract, (maybe the cake flavor cancelled it out?) but it worked!

It is getting really busy at work finally. Now its starting to feel like the holidays. black friday is one group of crazies. the week or so before christmas.....completely different story. from two different co workers- "i feel like i need a stiff drink," and "they make me want to go play in traffic." i personally, could not come up with enough internet memes to cover how i feel (ie the table flip, the double face palm, the genius, captain kirk, etc. i could name more.) i seriously want to punch everyone in the face because they are the most frustrating and confused people i have ever dealt with. argh!!


lets look at these cupcakes some more to bring back happy feelings. oh yes. best lunch ever. or breakfast. i bet they would go good with coffee if i liked coffee.

i will stick to tea, though. i will probably start my baking (kind of) tomorrow. i am hoping to get out a batch of truffles, the salted caramel ones. then probably the oreos friday, the cocoa and vodka saturday, and the brownies (unless i make a peppermint mocha roll) for my christmas party on sunday (for monday). i have to come up with a secret santa gift as well. im pretty sure this is my first time ever doing a secret santa. i have a couple ideas, so i just gotta make up my mind and get it done.

anyway, it is a short post today. more physical therapy tomorrow. cleaning, truffles, and whatever else i feel like doing. i should have some stuff for sunday. hopefully i can post, as i work 1-930. holiday hours are terrible. have a good weekend, all! thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment