Recent Posts

Monday, December 29, 2014

Holiday Cheer

Thats it....christmas is finally over. Just have to wait out new years, and all this stress can go away. For the most part. At least i got some nice things to experiment with, thanks to the husband.♥♥♥


Look at that! We had a decent haul of gifts for each other, so we had fun christmas morning. I am still surprised the cats didnt eat any of the paperbor bows overnight. 


Its all shiny and glittery. It gives me the warm fuzzies. I wasnt even the one who chose the shiny glittery paper. You cant really see any(except kind of to the left behind the basket) but my paper totally had birds. I am a crazy bird lady. I saw it and needed it. It is black with neon birds and trees, and if it wasnt paper, it should have been a blanket. 


I got a whole bunch of new baking stuff, including a candy thermometer, oven mitts, new spatulas and wooden spoons (finally!), ramekins for the best nutella lava cakes ever, and a fucking panini press. I say that because i am super excited to finally have one. I have been scouring pinterest and the internet for the last few days looking up things to make with it. Did you know you can make quesadillas? Cookies?! BROWNIES?! Omg warm gooey brownies a la mode? Sign me thr f#ck up. We had grilled cheese with turkey and ham last night, and i made monte cristos this morning. Holy crap, i thought of them a few days ago, and thought it would be genious to make it in the panini maker. Best. Idea. Ever. 


I think next time i just need some thicker, crustier bread. For any sandwich in the panini press. I cant wait to try making cookies in it, though, and covering them in ice cream. The thought of it is making me all giggly. 

So yes, i am still happy for christmas. Its the only time of the year i get things, even if its from only like 3 people. I dont like to ask for much. I sometimes feel like i do so much and dont get any thanks. Idk. Im just happy for little things, although i wont lie, it would be nice to be a little spoiled sometimes. 


Look at this punk ass. I was cleaning up after we made waffles christmas morning, and he came flying over to me. They just have these days, each one of them, when they have to firmly attach themselves to me. Hes good about everything though, so i dont mind. We spent most of the day (ron and i, that is, the birds were present) being lazy, eating breakfast and watching netflix. We finally left around 2 to drop off a couple truffles and such and visit his dad. We were even home by 8 or so.

anyway, i hope things will calm down next week. tax season is right around the corner, i am looking forward to either pay off some credit cards, or maybe get a new mattress. i just spent the last day and a half refreshing my laptop as well. it basically factory reset it without deleting my files, so i had to update it 7 times. i think it is running properly again. why, though? my printer does not work. it still is not working now, after all of this. maybe i can get a cheap printer, too. who knows. i just looked up the drivers for it. i had to check dell for the refresh (since windows didnt update everything), so i wonder if epson's drivers will work. i'll know in about 10 minutes.

i know, i didnt really have any recipes this time either. i hope with all my new things and the new year coming, i will be able to do a little more. ron wants to start juicing again, and i do want to try and eat better (the holidays have been pretty unhelpful on both ends), but i am pretty confident i can bake up some good for you things. even if i make something delicious and not so good for you once in a while.

i need to start stretching and stuff again, too. i actually was doing it a few times a week during the summer, and then things went awry. but, new year, new everything. fuck 2014. a good portion of it, anyway.


have i mentioned my new found love of arm knitting scarves? i made a whole purple one for another friend. they are always doing so much for me every time i see them. its the least i could do. i also brought them hot cocoa. i gave the two red scarves to my mom and kris, and they all loved them, by the looks of it. this purple one, though? i totally made it in the car in the dark on my way to christmas eve dinner. i am mad with the power.

i still need to get a bobbin case for my sewing machine, too. (one of my shirts has that "mad with the power" phrase, hence the random jump of topics). maybe when i get paid this week, too, i can look into that. i really wanna make my t-shirt blanket.

well, i guess i am going to call it quits for tonight. maybe watch some more netflix until ron gets home. who knows. i've been sitting on my laptop half the day, maybe i should get up and do something....well, maybe i'll have something wednesday for you. in the mean time, thanks for reading! happy new year, and hope you will continue reading in 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment