Recent Posts

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Pierogies!

Dammit, meg! I had a little post all typed up for yesterday, i went to post it, and bloggeroid deleted it. How awesome is that, just to top off my day i had yesterday. This is why i dont take time off from work. I feel like i get punished for even attempting to enjoy a day off. Not that i had those days off, since i was getting paid to assemble a wedding cake.



Heather and i made pierogies on tuesday. Awesome!

It was totally last minute. I asked monday night when she worked because i needed to get my keys back after the weekend (she took care of the assholes while we were gone). When she told me she had the day off, i sent a clip of gir (invader zim) proclaiming, "LETS MAKE BISCUITS!" I got back, "pierogies?"

Consideting i had everything on hand minus the cheese qnd potatoes, we made a trip to wegmans for lunch and our remaining ingredients.







I found the recipe on pinterest from www.afamilyfeast.com. It has a pretty good walkthrough and several different filling types, but we had to go with the classic cheese and , since they are the best. (I hear you out there mocking me. You can have all the others. Potatoes for the win.)







Aww yeah. We called our incorporating technique "the washing machine" technique. Things were spinning, things were agitating, the table was shaking. Idk. It worked for us. Definitely a time consuming project, and it worked well with two of us making them.





Ta daaaa! It was a blasty blast. We had cheddar cheese in some, and parmesan romano in the others. Both were equally delicious. I will have to get a picture of the finished product later.

Blarg before this got deleted, i was venting about work and yesterday being "one of those days." it totally was. Like, it would make me so happy to punch someone in the face, regardless of the fact that my hands are part of the problem. Like i said, this is what i get for having any time off. Torture in some way, shape or form.

Anyway, im going to give up now, i am working doubles all weekend long, so we'll see how far my cripple hand gets me. Have a good weekend! Thanks for reading!

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment