Recent Posts

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Back to Work, and Blueberry Muffins(Take Two)

Shut up. I happen to like blueberry muffins. Theyre only one of the best muffins ever. These ones are good for you too, being all full of applesauce, a little greek yogurt, and i used my whole wheat flour....and blueberries. All dem antioxidants are bitchin. 


And rolled oats. Yep. Take that. Threw a little cinnamon in there for more health benefits. Im being healthy. eat it. (Literally, i guess.) 

So lets see how this turns out. I am blogging on my phone to start. It will probably make me crazy, since i have to scroll up to keep reading what i type, and i bet the pictures will go crazy. But thats why i edit at home. I am just getting a head start for tomorrow since i work all day again. It feels like its already sunday though, my whole week is off. Vacation, then I worked the wrong night at gamestop, (not because i wasnt supposed to, but because i havent closed on a thursday in 5 years due to working at delphias). So meh. 

These blueberry muffins were pretty awesome though. I was a little skeptical of using the applesauce since i am not really a fan. I dont care for yogurt much either, and i bake with that, so maybe that should tell me something. 

They even have a "was supposed to be granola but i didnt have any so i used some rolled oats brown sugar and honey" topping. It was kind of crispy when they came out of the oven, but the container i put them in locked in moisture. Theyre just delicious anyway. 

Ding! Fries are done....er, muffins. Yessss. Assemble the muffins. 


So work. I already quit once. Then came back. I quit because, in my eyes, my job was being threatened (trying to get any type of sales numbers in a dying location was hard, but not making a certain percent over 8 weeks and being let go for something you cant avoid? Ill leave on good terms thanks). Now things are just getting ridiculous. I dont like selling credit cards. But not even that, the amount of tasks they want us to do with single person coverage is pretty terrible. You cant get things done if you are expected to drop everything to help the customers. Everything is just going to be all over the floor. 

I was sitting at work putting things away today, and i kept thinking to myself about everything, work, not work, and how i need to continue to change. The mini vacation was nice, but i feel like i had a relapse over the last couple days, and work is not helping. I dont want to quit, since i finally have vacation time available (and a whole 3 weeks, at that! Made my boss jealous cuz ive been with the company so long). But i feel so blah. Its still fun to work there, but when i get in trouble for multitasking trying to keep the store clean (which if i dont, it is a nightmare), then what the hell. Either understand things need to be done and dont freak the fuck out if i address customers while im doing other tasks, ir give us payroll hours to schedule people to help out, and try not lining your pockets with the profits. No wonder everyone is miserable. 


Happy though- this was a couple weeks ago. I got a pile of free food from work because we had a buffet out back and they didnt eat it all....so we had one dinner plate and shared it. Yay. ♥

So anyway, i keep telling myself i need to keep going just a little longer, maybe things will sort themselves out soon. But at the same time i want to give up again, and im not the only one this time. A lot of managers do not seem happy at the moment. I have a few ideas of what i want to do, but i will share them in time. I am thinking some people may not be happy, but you know what? I want to be happy. I need these things to make things and myself better. I have been through a lot, i have struggled, and am continuing to search for better things. I dont want to suffer anymore. Sure, things have been getting better the last month, but it is only the beginning. I will move forward, i will be strong. If i want to do sething to help that, then let it be. You'll get over it, sorry to say. 

Like i said though, in due time. There is only one person that knows. Ill share someday. In the mean time, lets keep having fun.


I gave my son (and the others) celery a couple days ago too. He was so happy and immediately destroyed it. I also gave him peanut butter another morning, and he was doing his happy dance. Oh he makes me smile. I have to try to be with them more, it is (possibly?) only going yo get busier with the holidays coming, so i wont get to see him much.

Speaking of the holidays, have i mentioned i am going to attempt a no bake holiday this year, or as close as possible to one? Ive been looking a lot of treats up, and will probably put together my list soon. Holidays are my favorite time of the year. Not because of presents (i usually dont get much, but i also dont ask for much) but because of all the lights, colors, sounds, glitter, pretty things, flavors (white chocolate and peppermint? Yes please). Oh my goodness. Warm fuzzies thinking about it. I dont like the cold, but being inside on a cold night with hot cocoa or tea and a movie is delightful. 

We got a little time before thats here though. Donut party next weekend. Bring some toopings, some cider, or whatnot. Super pumped for that too. I love donuts.

Yep. Story of being back to work. Going to indulge in tea every chance i get to keep the happy at bay. Also, being cold is a good reason to drink tea. It was in the 40's today. I think last week was our last stretch of nice weather for a long time. 

Anyway, i am posting on time for sunday, (the last bit of that was from today). I am about to have dinner with ron and our friends steve and amanda (whose wedding is the one i got to wear a tux for!) so excited because i havent seen them in months! Its our super late birthday dinner to each other. Anyway, i hope to have more on wednesday for you. Thanks for reading! :)

ps, sorry if the font is funky. i edited on the computer and had to fix some things and it seems off.

No comments:

Post a Comment