Recent Posts

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I wish, I wish, I was in OBX

i should be asleep now. i am pretty tired.

i am not even sure why i am awake still. confound this blasted internet!!

i ended up being bad and logging into facebook for a few minutes, and ended up looking at all of my old pictures. i am a creeper. not because of the pictures, but because i have no reason to go on there other than to creep at others and whatnot, but even that doesn't entertain me as much as it used to.

on to these pictures....does anyone know where this is? not that i have anyone who responds to me.... :P

jockey's ridge state park, nestled in the little town of kitty hawk, north carolina. also known as: the outer banks.

i am sad. i really want to go back again this year. a lot. i want to go back every year. money is stupid and completely non existent, however, so i am not sure that it will happen. it's like my home away from home. if i had the chance, i would move there, or as close to there as possible. i have even looked around for jobs, but there is nothing that would pay me as close to what i am making now, even though it sucks and isn't enough to make ends meet. a girl can dream.
this weather makes me want to go back even more. even though they still get a bit of snow time to time, it only takes like 2 inches to shut down the entire state, and i would totally be that guy and drive like a boss since i'm so pro at winter driving. i would most likely be yelling at a lot of people though, much like i do now, since the winter makes people extra stupid when on the road. i'm pretty sure my near misses and near accidents quadruple to the eighth power for the 3 months of nasty snow weather we get. look at these cute little flowers!

i bet i will end up scouring the internet for a cheap place to make an attempt to visit there again. even if i can't go. i will need a lot of beach days to make up for it. maybe i'll even get up early to go before work or something. i miss out on so much because of work, and multiple jobs. why can't everything be easier? even just for a little while? i keep hoping this will be my year, and i have said that every year for the past 3 years. something worse has always come along. there has to be a good one around here sometime soon!
more pretty pictures time!

i can almost smell the sun, the sand, and the ocean. except that i am surrounded by birds and cats. not the same at all.

i am just making it worse by going through all of these pictures, but i can't help it. now i am venting to the internet, when the internet is (kind of) what started this in the first place. i mean, i am a firm believer that the internet has the answer to everything, and therefore can solve most problems. not this time. i need to go to bed. thanks, internet.

who knows. maybe some things will turn around, and maybe i will get something good out of 2014. a big fat raise would be nice. one steady job would be nice. less bills? a dream, but would be nice. dreaming of all of this forever, and it will always be just out of my grasp.

hey, internet? now would be a good time for an answer. no? just stay awake longer? you're crazy!

how about this: i will introduce my son to my blog. he's 16 going on 17, his favorite foods are bacon and dried mango, he likes to scream at everyone, and gets very protective of me.

satchamo joe from kokomo. or just satch. my fat boy. he is so happy. especially when he is attached to me somehow (they are all like that sometimes, though, its weird, and funny).

he is a blue crown conure, he had the equivalent of a stroke in 2006, he is extremely spoiled because of this. bestest boy ever. ♥♥♥

the others? oh yes, they get jealous. they also get treats too, so they all get whatever they want, so satch isn't necessarily the most spoiled of them all. no, yes he is.

he can always make me smile. he gets all puffy and goes into snuggle mode, wedges himself against my neck, in my face, wherever he finds most comfortable. i was sick about a month ago laying on my couch, he walked up to my face and settled right down until he almost fell asleep. he's a special one, alright.

see here? crazy bird lady talk at it's finest. i'm pretty sure i need to go to bed. maybe i'll have some dreams of a nice day at the beach, about 600 miles south of here, where i will have a nice life waiting for me. ♥

thanks for reading my rant. i'll get back to posting good stuff, like food and whatnot, later! ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment