Recent Posts

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

October Already- Apple Cookies and Banana Bread

Yet another month has come and gone, many crises encountered and (hopefully) averted. Ive been getting the feeling lately that i am almost suffocating where i am right now. Yet, i tried to do something about it, and i was almost afraid of the change. 


I went around, applied to a bunch of places, and ended up with an interview at a call center. It went very well, but the hours would have been 330-midnight. That is pretty late for me. Its one thing to do it once in a while for our goofy midnight sales, but to stay in a cubicle and get yelled at because your internet isnt working properly? Slightly less stimulating. But....here we are again. Continuing the same routine ive been doing for years. There are two rays of hope, however, but i will not hold my breath, as believing i have a chance usually curses me into a deeper, more desperate hole than im already in. 

These cookies, though!!


I had a dental procedure done a week ago, and now i have stitches in my teeth. I had been living off of apples and peanut butter (almost), but now, as the apple skins can get stuck between your teeth, i had to find a way around it. That, and i have to stick to non-crunchy foods, and chop everything else up into bits for another week. I got these out of one of my taste of home magazines, and the recipe is super easy! Seriously, its like a half cup of everything. Check it out!



Sigh. I suppose there is a bright side to things. In a couple days, i will be heading to virginia beach for my 4 year (technically 9) anniversary. We are taking a long weekend for lots of reasons, aside for our anniversary. It will be nice to get away for a bit and hopefully clear the tension. I made him some banana bread today, too! This was a new recipe i tried, and it seems like it came out pretty well. No burnt edges, or extra crispiness or anything. Here is the link:

http://funcheaporfree.com/2014/08/grandmas-famous-banana-bread-recipe/


Well, i am technically at work. I suppose i should leave this at that for today. Wanted to share the treats, and maybe vent a little. As always, i appreciate the few readers i have, and thank the few i get to see for the support. Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment