Recent Posts

Saturday, September 10, 2016

September Already

yep. and you know what that means.

APPLES.

sure, everyone is all aboard the pumpkin hype train already, but screw that. apples are where it's at.

apple sauce, apple muffins, apple streusel bread...apples with peanut butter!! (my current obsession.)

so yes. we have gone to beak and skiff just once so far, but will probably go once or twice more between now and october.

the ginger golds were in season at the beginning of september, we lucked out with a nice day off together (the stars and moons must have aligned briefly for that to happen), so ron and i ventured out for an afternoon. mid week is the time to go. no kids, not many people in general, so it was nice and quiet.

anyway, aside from apple picking one afternoon, i had a few cakes to work on over the last week or so. i made a smash cake for one of my regular customers at work.


pink tractors all around! or on top, anyway. just a quick one. it seemed to go over pretty well. he sent me a picture of her with the cake as well, super cute!

a few days later, aside from labor day weekend, it was my grandma's 93rd birthday, and kristen's birthday on the same day! needless to say, there was quite a bit of cake consumption on my part. lots of cake, pizza, and a little barbecue at the end of the day. grandma's cake was a marble cake with buttercream frosting, and whipped cream and strawberries in the middle. cake and strawberries are pretty tasty together.





ron seems to think we look identical, what are your thoughts? happy 93rd to my grandma! ☺

kristens cake, on the other hand, was a little less traditional...it might be the very best.....


that no cake ever was....


to frost that is my real test.....


to serve it is my caaaauuuse.....

okay, enough with the pokemon theme song. i can make things up all day long to other songs. it is what i do to pass the time at work all day, otherwise i will set the place on fire. i mean, it's great! >_>


for serious though, i think this was one of my best fondant jobs to date. no wrinkes, no major flaws or bubbles. it was a lemon cake with raspberries between the layers. also one of the tastier ones i have made. fruit and cake are pretty great together. it's like magic. chocolate cake is great and all, but fruit has something special about it.

of course, i can just sit here and ramble on about fruit and cake and bore you to death, but i will leave it there for now. i have a long week ahead of me, and today was pretty tiring itself. ran the insane inflatable 5k this morning with ron and my mom, and will most likely post pictures next week. along with that, on monday, i should have my new tires put on. i was very bad, and my wallet will be sad for the next few months, but it will be worth it in the long run. i have new rims also, since mine were looking pretty beat. my tires are poop, too.

oh, another thing! i now have an instagram! not sure why, but i decided to start one of those about a week and a half ago. you can find me here as birdladyleesh. come follow me! ☺

i do like pictures, i would like to post more photography stuff on there, along with my cakes and of course, my zoo. but you know how things go with me. i dont cuz i forget or i am lazy.

anyway, here is a picture of my new car stuff! yay! exciting! expensive. i am poor. *cries in the corner*

have a good week, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment