Recent Posts

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Art, Cake, and Other Musings


I spent a little time doing some art this week. It was not the greatest situation, but i wanted to do something to celebrate a dear friend. I have been feeling pretty useless lately, both at work and at home/etc, so i felt like it was the least i could do. I have wanted to get back i to drawing for some time now, so i guess it worked out. Everyone there seemed to like it a lot. 



These were some in progress pictures. I spent about 5 hours total so far. I would like to add a ribbon to the bottom, since she had cancer. I will probably finish that this week. 

I can honestly say that i miss the feeling if being covered in charcoal dust. It is one of the few things i dont mind being on my hands. Maybe just because its not sticky, i dunno. Either way, it is quite satisfying. I hope i am able to draw more in the future. 

In the mean time, the sun has set for another beautiful day. All that remains are the memories and the past. You were much loved, momma Ree. 

 of course, things can't always be handled one at a time. my job brings out the sarcasm in me. hardcore. especially as of lately. there are so many things that need to be done, and it is impossible with it getting busier for the holidays. top it off with not being there for three days in a row when noone takes care of anything? yep. almost had a meltdown saturday from being overwhelmed. it really sucks. i don't even know what to do when it gets like this, like i just want to sit down and not do anything. ron keeps telling me i have to keep reminding myself, it is not up to me to do everything. it feels like it is, because nothing gets done. i have to try and stop feeling that way. especially with my hand being all crippled (yes, it is still pretty swollen and hurting). it makes it more difficult to work fast and get anything done.

why is it so difficult? why do i need to do everything? satisfaction in knowing it is done? maybe. knowing it is done properly and on time? thats a possibility too. i do give myself some credit. i asked one of the other guys to take out trash yesterday, and then asked someone to help me do marketing today. little steps. little steps. i'll still be getting fired because i couldn't get any credit applications today though. i can't give them away, even with no fees and basically $20-$30 for getting approved. it's free money. nobody wants it. i dont know.

i am going to be done with venting about work for now though. just thinking about it makes my head hurt.


 so i made a birthday cake. just a basic one, yes, but i thought it came out pretty nice. i had made more cookies for cancer, and had some leftover purple, then was told decorate it however i want, so....ta-daa! it was supposed to be a completely different cake, but then was cancelled last minute, and then i was told since i already made it they were going to sub it for another birthday, so it worked out in the end.



have i mentioned i love to pipe flowers?

i made a really fancy flower cake, all piped, in march for my aunt's birthday. it came out pretty cool. that was a red velvet cake, the only best cake ever. this one was half chocolate and half vanilla. i will not deny any kind of cake though. i love it all.

with the holidays coming, i will need some chocolate peppermint though at some point. most delicious. i made this awesome dark chocolate peppermint cake last year, complete with lindt balls on top. awww yeahh. i will probably make it again for christmas dinner.

getting a litttle ahead of myself there. i would like to try to make these pumpkin bread truffles for thanksgiving, and maybe something a little chocolate or otherwise specified. i am not crazy for pumpkin. i know, it's blasphemy, and i will probably be shot in my sleep or something by all the pumpkin crazed fanatics out there. it smells good, but it's not my thing. i dunno.

well, i have tomorrow off, i will see what that brings me. hopefully won't be fired by tuesday. this week is so messed up. i have to get back into things fast. it would be nice if my hand functioned properly as well, but that will take some time. anyway, sorry for the rant. enjoy the week, and hopefully i will have something to share with you wednesday! thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment