Recent Posts

Friday, July 18, 2014

July Things

wow....okay so i have been slacking on here for a while now. i almost can't believe that i haven't posted anything for the month of july, and it's half way over. booooooo.

i mean, i haven't really been baking or doing too much. it's been warm. i've been working a lot. i can't really say too much otherwise.

i did, however, get re-promoted to assistant manager at one work, so that's something i guess....and also will be used as my excuse for not doing anything fun because i really do work all the time. i am okay with that, though. i like to work. i feel completely useless if i am not working or doing something productive.

yes, bayside stole my heart that day.
i haven't entirely been up to nothing, though. i might have had a fun day, might have had a sad day, might have had a painting day in the last two weeks. so all around, i've been on this emotional rollercoaster (but when am i not? i feel like mixed feels is kind of the thing to do for me now days. you know how when little kids color, and they get really excited, and just end up hardcore scribbling all over the piece of paper they are coloring, and the end result is like a clusterfuck of lines all over? that is my mind on a daily basis. no idea where it starts or ends, and is just a jumble all over the place.).

on to some better things.....got a picture from the fun day....gonna skip the sad day because i already had a girl-fest-cry-day-(2 hours?), complete with pizza rolls and ice cream and chocolate (although i think i deserve that once a year. i had a good reason, for those not on my facebook, my dad passed away 10 years ago, he had brain cancer). so now the painting day....

lets see some pictures!


this is the finished product! i painted a friend's wall for her soon to arrive son, who they named jett. so the plane theme is pretty fitting and cute. she found the idea on pinterest (because everybody loves pinterest), but it had a different name (of course). i photoshopped a few font types, played around a bit, and went to work.


i started out just with a pencil and an eraser.....and a ruler and level. i had the image on my phone for a reference. the letter J was about 18" tall, and about 12" wide. the planes wings are about 10" long.







i used acrylic paints and put a clear gloss varnish on top to keep it from fading and whatnot. (which is why in the first picture it is very shiny along the top of the J.)

i think she was pretty happy with it. they are excited i think to have everything done and ready for their son to arrive! i am glad i could help out and bring something unique to the mix.

hmmm. now what else....? more work? i am actually getting ready to head there now. but before i go for the time being, lets do some crazy bird lady talk.


i went to the car wash last week and shared my car wash bay with a family of robins. mom was watching me the entire time, and the babies just kept peeking their heads out. they were effing adorable.


and then there's these two. oh i love them. cosmo.....is cosmo. i can't tell you why, i have no idea, but he likes to have his head squeezed. he will just let me grab his head for no reason, and then will lick my palm. my son? he can snuggle my face any day he wants to . i wish i could take him with me everywhere. ohhh my boys ♥♥♥

anyway, that is all i have time for at the moment. got to make some cookies at the end of the month, and then my birthday....crazy talk, i  know. i promise i will have more next time. you can leave me comments and yell at me if you want to hear more. i will listen. or yell at me on facebook. or whatever. i am okay with it.

i am not okay with being late to work, which i am gonna be.

thanks for reading!!☺

No comments:

Post a Comment